Increase Internet Speed
I am often asked "How to increase internet speed" , and "Does internet speed booster softwares really boost internet speed". Well, there is no way to increase internet speed beyond provided by your ISP. Means, if you are on 512 kbps speed, than there is no method to increase speed above 512 Kbps.
There are lots of softwares on web claiming to increase your internet speed by 300% times. Avoid them, they do nothing.
However we may do some tweak to optimize available bandwidth. So, here is way:
1) start -->> run -->> type gpedit.msc -->> Ok
2) Group policy page will open.
3) Now Navigate to here:
Local Computer Policy -->> Computer Configuration -->> Administrative Templates -->> Network -->> QOS Packet Scheduler
4) From right pane double click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth -->> its properties page will open -->> under setting tab
5) By default , it is set to not configured, but it is using 20% of available bandwidth. Even if it set to disable, 20% of bandwidth is reserved of its own use. So, what we need to do is, make it Enable and set the bandwidth limit to 5 %, you can even set to zero %. But I will suggest you to make it atleast 5%.
6) Apply -->> Ok -->> Restart your windows.
How it works:
Our windows by default keep 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like Windows Updates and interrogating our PC and other works. You can reduce the limit and hence can increase boost internet speed.
What is Limit Reservable Bandwidth :
Determines the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve. This value limits the combined bandwidth reservations of all programs running on the system.
By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.
If you enable this setting, you can use the "Bandwidth limit" box to adjust the amount of bandwidth the system can reserve.
If you disable this setting or do not configure it, the system uses the default value of 20 percent of the connection.
Important: If a bandwidth limit is set for a particular network adapter in the registry, this setting is ignored when configuring that network adapter.