Cannot Open Disk Drive On Double Click
Double click on disk drive (C:\ D:\ E:\....)in my computer doest open the drive, instead get error as:
1) Access Denied
2) Choose the program you want to use to open this file with.
3) VBScript error with error code of 800A041F
4) Drive opens in new windows.
Your system is infected by some virus/ spyware .A autorun.vbs file is created by virus which is causing this problem. The virus creates autorun.inf file to root folder of all hard disk drive or USB drive/ external storage devices.This files creates a autorun.reg file and make some changes in windows registry.
1) Log in as Administrator or user with admininstrator rights.
2) Turn Off system restore.
Start-->> Right Click My Computer-->> Properties-->> Systen Restore Tab-->>Turn off System Restore on all drives-->> Apply-->> Ok.
1) Launch Task Manager by pressing alt+ctrl+del
2) click on processes tab.
3) Find wscript.exe, If it is running end this process..
4) End EXPLORER.EXE process from Task Manager
5) In task manager, click File-->> New Task (Run..)-->> type cmd --> ok
6) Command prompt will open.Type these commands one by one after Enter key:
del c:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del d:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del e:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
c:/ D:/ E:/ are disk drives.
7) Again in Task Manager-->>File -->> New Task (Run…)-->>Type regedit -->> OK.
8) Navigate to the following registry key:
9) Find this key: userint.exe
make sure its value is Userinit”=”C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
If, It is not, than changed value to this value.
10) Restarst system.Done!!!